Critical thinking is the most vital skill you will develop in this course and is arguably the single most important skill you will gain from a college education. The purpose of this exercise is to:
- Reflect on some reasons why critical thinking is so important.
- Motivate yourself to improve your critical thinking skills.
Watch ALL of the videos below. After you watch them, choose one to write about. Write three paragraphs addressing the following:
- What was the video about?
- What was the most important thing that you learned from the video?
- Why do you think critical thinking is important?
Here is the podcast from the section called “self-defense” to defend yourself against faulty reasoning from, say, advertisers. Think about why you need to defend yourself against irrational thinking. Provide examples in your response.