Theme One: How do you measure the success of a decision?
Agree or disagree with this statement. Explain why the statement is accurate or not.
“Good decision making is not about outcomes, it’s about making the decision the right way.”
Theme Two: Change and implementing a decision
All decisions require change to implement them. Consider an experience you have had in your work life that has involved the implementation of a decision. Explain how the decision was implemented. Was it successful? If so what about the implementation of the change made the decision work. If not what ways could the implementation have taken place that might have made the decision work? In other words, what could they have changed about making the change?
, what could the decision makers have changed about making the change?
REFERENCES (CHECK UPLOADS)
Theme #1: How Do You Measure Success?
• Why Making the Decisions The Right Way Is More Important Than Making The Right Decisions https://iveybusinessjournal.com/publication/why-making-the-decisions-the-right-way-is-more-important-than-making-the-right-decisions/
• Seven Business Decisions That Looked Bad but Turned Good https://www.cnbc.com/id/100634625
• More important than results https://www.london.edu/faculty-and-research/lbsr/more-important-than-results?display=expanded#.WYhGvYTyvIV
Theme #2: Implementing Decisions and Change
• Why People Resist Change https://www.torbenrick.eu/blog/change-management/12-reasons-why-people-resist-change/
• How to Reduce Resistance to Change https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-reduce-employee-resistance-to-change-1918992
• Avoid Knee-Jerk Reactions https://www.rickmaurer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Knee-Jerk.pdf
• John Kotter-Resistance to Change https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdroj6F3VlQ