Your task is to undertake a strategic planning exercise for your own organisation, or for an organisation you are familiar with in your country or region. You are required to produce a report that analyses and evaluates vision, mission and statement of values of your chosen organisation, develops appropriate objectives, recommends a strategy to strengthen organisation’s competitive position and discusses how the recommended strategy should be executed.
1. Briefly describe the organisation and its industry.
2. Analyse the vision, mission and statement of values and provide recommendations with justifications for the improvement of these statements for your chosen organisation.
• If your chosen organisation does not have a vision mission, or statement of values, then you would need to develop these statements and justify their appropriateness.
3. Develop appropriate objectives to align with the vision/mission/values OR justify the appropriateness of the existing objectives. Please make sure to include appropriate justification and analysis to support your arguments
• Not all organisations have formal objectives; if that is the case, you will be required to develop at least two appropriate strategic objectives as part of the assignment justifying their appropriateness
4. Develop a new strategy to strengthen your organisation’s competitive position and justify its appropriateness in relation to vision, mission and objectives. Please make sure to include appropriate justification and analysis to support your arguments.
5. Briefly discuss how the newly recommended strategy should be executed.
6. Provide a conclusion with a summary of your recommendations.