In your Term Paper, be sure to address the following:
- Background and historical perspective on your topic
- Current issues related to your topic
- Your professional experiences/opinions about your topic
- Make sure to use properly cited academic references to support this information. References will be check through TURNITIN
Expect to take approximately 6-8 pages (double-spaced, 12-point font) to complete this assignment. Your work will be graded on completeness, clarity, originality, interest, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Format of assignments should conform to the following criteria:
- Margins should be 1” in all directions.
- Papers should be double-spaced and in a highly readable 12-point font (Arial, Times New Roman, or Verdana are recommended). Headings may be larger.
- The paper must follow the academic research format (APA) and (unless otherwise specified) should include a brief abstract or executive summary that explains what the paper is about.
- Format for in-text citations and the Reference page should also follow APA style.
|Content||Position or thesis lacks credibility, arguments are not clear or not well supported, sources are not credible or do not support arguments.||Position or thesis is credible, sources are credible.||Position or thesis is very credible, logical, and research sources are credible and sufficient to support arguments.||__/25|
|Organization and Clarity||Concepts presented are unclear or difficult to understand; paper is disorganized and does not follow logical progression.||Concepts presented are not organized logically, no coherent summary.||Concepts presented are clearly organized and easy to understand, early information leads to later information, coherently summarized.||__/25|
|Creativity and Interest||Presents ideas that are clichéd or imitative, does not make topic interesting for reader.||Presents widely accepted ideas or discusses topics that are already well known without much attention to original content or reader interest.||Presents new ideas and/or old ideas in interesting ways, writing style is formal but maintains interest, includes real-world applications.||__/25|
Punctuation, and APA Formatting
|Grammar, spelling, punctuation and/or APA formatting are inappropriate, incorrect and/or unprofessional.||Grammar is appropriate, few spelling, punctuation, or APA formatting errors.||Grammar is appropriate, spelling, punctuation, and APA formatting is accurate.||__/25|