Learning outcomes assessed in this assignment
- Apply the relevant Acts, Regulations and best-practice to design and implementation phases, with regard to the duties and responsibilities placed on respective
- Analyze working situations, develop and apply strategies which ensure effective management of international codes of practice and legislation.
Select a company from the FTSE 100 index2 that operates within the telecoms sector to use as a case study.
Compile a project portfolio, making use of relevant reference sources, detailing the following:
- Discuss how your chosen company can manage compliance with legislation and regulations within an ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Considering the range of activities undertaken by your chosen company, provide an analysis of what you expect their significant environmental aspects may be, including detail on how and where these aspects come about, the nature of their effects on the local and global environment and how you have assessed their
- Based on these significant aspects, define some suitable objectives, targets and environmental management programmes that would be relevant to this
- Provide a poster presentation detailing the above
The assignment is to be produced in A4 printed format (Word Document) and the total word count should not exceed 2,500 words (excluding titles, reference list, appendices and executive summary). Please state any assumptions you have made. The assignment should be submitted on Blackboard by the deadline shown.
References should be provided for all sources used following the Harvard referencing style. Guidance on Harvard Style referencing is available within the assignment section of the module space on Blackboard.
The assignment will be marked accordingly: Introduction:
|Method, structure, literature review:||20%|
|Analysis/synthesis of relevant issues:||50%|
|Conclusions and recommendations:||10%|
|Presentation, style (of project portfolio):||5%|
|100 marks available|
Useful sources of information include but are not limited to the following:
BS EN ISO 14001:2004. Environmental Management Systems. Requirements with guidance for use. British Standards Institution. 2004.
Edwards, A.J. (2004). ISO 14001 Environmental Certification: Step By Step. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann. Library: 1st floor oversize 658.4083/EDW (ebook also available)