Purpose of the assessment:
The purpose of this assignment is to develop skills on literature survey, identify the current problem and write the project scope and requirements.
- develop capabilities in requirements of real world case study
- develop skills to critically review, consolidate, analyse, synthesis knowledge of overall project system
Description of the assessment:
This assignment is to develop report writing skills on project scope and problem statement.
The purpose of this document is to write a report on:
Include 6-8 references from various MIT library databases. Write 4-5 sentences of your understanding of each literature survey with references.
A high level description of the problem to be addressed by this project. Provide an argument justifying the project purpose /potential use by a client/customer.
Include goals and objectives of the project and what is to be done and what is not to be done as part of the project.
Initial Project Planning and Design:
Include budget (estimation), work breakdown structure, milestones, network design, IP address table (including subnet mask), Network Topology diagram,
Your assignment should be completed according to the General Guidelines for Presentation of Academic Work.
- successful completion of required tasks
- quality of figures
- meaningful names
- accompanying documentation including
- table of contents and page numbers
- a front page – indicating your name, a statement of what has been completed and acknowledgement of the names of allpeople (including other students and people outside of the university) who have assisted you.
- list of references used (APA style) – please specify if none have been used.
- The assignment must be submitted in soft (electronic) copy under provided MIT intra site. The page numbers of the assignment must be clear on each page.
Marks are allocated as follows:
|Section to be included in the report||Description of the section||Marks|
|Literature Survey||Include 6-8 references from various MIT library databases. Write 4-5 sentences of your understanding of each literature survey with references.||10|
|Project Scope||What is to be done by the team and what is not to be done.||5|
|A high level description of the problem||A high level description of the problem to be addressed by this project. Provide an argument justifying the project purpose.||5|
|Initial Project Planning and Design||Include network architecture & design, IP address table (including subnet mask), Network Topology diagram, budget (estimation), work breakdown structure and milestones||25|