For this assessment, you will use the attached “Patient-and Family-Centered Care Organizational Self-Assessment Tool,” to analyze how patient- and family-centered the healthcare setting is. This form will guide you in evaluating this healthcare setting for strengths and weaknesses in patient-centered care attributes. Based on your analysis, you will create a strategy to bridge those areas and increase patient-centered care.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
The rubric provides detailed criteria for evaluating your submission. You are expected to use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Note: Any information that would be considered confidential, proprietary, or personal in nature should not be included. Do not include the actual names or other personally identifiable information of people or stakeholders involved. Fictional names should be used. Also, agency-specific data, including any financial information, should not be included but should be addressed in a general fashion as appropriate.
A. Analyze how business practices, regulatory requirements, and reimbursement impact patient-centered care within a healthcare organization.
B. Complete the attached “Patient-and Family-Centered Care Organizational Self-Assessment Tool” (PFCC) for a healthcare organization.
Note: The PFCC tool is a subjective tool used to assess the organization you have chosen.
1. Describe the healthcare setting you used in the PFCC.
2. Using the completed PFCC tool, describe the strengths and/or weaknesses of the organization for each domain.
C. Identify one area of improvement from the weaknesses identified in part B2.
1. Create a strategy to increase patient-centeredness in the organization by addressing the weakness from part C.
a. Discuss how you would apply either system theory or change theory in the development of your strategy to address the chosen weakness.
2. Discuss the financial implications of implementing this strategy.
3. Discuss the methods you will use to evaluate the effectiveness of your strategy.
D. Create a multidisciplinary team by identifying the following:
• potential members that will assist you in implementing the identified strategy
• The role of each team member
1. Discuss how cultural diversity within the team supports patient-centered, culturally competent care.
2. Using one of the leadership theories below, discuss the leadership style you would utilize in developing your team:
• transactional leadership
• transformational leadership
• emotional leadership
• traditional leadership
3. Discuss how the team will work together to implement the strategy to address the weakness identified in part C1.
4. Describe how the team will communicate the identified strategy and intended outcomes to the healthcare organization.
5. Describe a specific tool you could use to develop the team’s self-assessment skills. E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized