A. Complete a root cause analysis (RCA) that takes into consideration causative factors, errors, and/or hazards that led to the sentinel event (this patient’s outcome).
B. Discuss a process improvement plan that would decrease the likelihood of a reoccurrence of the outcome of the scenario.
1. Discuss a change theory that could be used to implement the process improvement plan developed in B.
C. Use a failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) to project the likelihood that the process improvement plan you suggest would not fail.
1. Identify the members of the interdisciplinary team who will be included in the FMEA.
2. Discuss steps for preparing for the FMEA.
3. Apply the three steps of the FMEA (severity, occurrence, and detection) to the process improvement plan created in part B.
4. Explain how you would test the interventions from the process improvement plan from part B to improve care in a similar situation.
Note:You are not expected to carry out the full FMEA, but you should explain each step, and how you would apply it to your process improvement plan.
D. Discuss how the professional nurse may function as a leader in promoting quality care and influencing quality improvement activities.
E. When you use sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, provide acknowledgement of source information for any content that is quoted, paraphrased or summarized. Acknowledgement of source information includes in-text citation noting specifically where in the submission the source is used and a corresponding reference, which includes
� Location of information (e.g., publisher, journal, or website URL)