While analysing the novel given in the title, the following TWO main headings ought to be kept in consideration: Cultural Hybridity, explaining pre-9/11 assimilation of Pakistani characters in American socio-cultural and professional environment; and,
Post-9/11 Transformation, explaining resentment of and disengagement from the American socio-cultural and geo-political policies, need and importance of Pakistanisation/indigenisation, in the wake of 9/11 strikes, under separate headings, as given below.
In addition, Postcolonial Theory featuring Cultural Hybridity should be applied as a theoretical framework, with special emphasis on Frantz Fanon’s “The Wretched of the Earth”, Edward W. Said’s “Orientalism” and Homi K. Bhabha’s “The Location of Culture”.
The above mentioned TWO main headings may likely to have the following subheadings:
Cultural Hybridity should have the following subheadings:
1. Pre-9/11 Outlook of America.
1.1. Socio-Personal and Professional Chronicles of American Dream.
2. Self-Resoluteness Grounded in Relations.
2.1. Farhana and America: Personal-Political Nexus Iconised and Symbolised.
3. Collocation of East and the West: Pakistan and American Setting/Milieu.
4. Revisiting Indigenous Identity.
Note: This section of analysis complies with the theorists mentioned above.
Post-9/11 Transformation may have the following subheadings:
1. Fighting Muslim/ Islamic Stereotypes.
2. The Novel and Geopolitical Critique: Capital and Cultural Superiority.
3. The Novel and Geopolitical Critique: Resentment and Repugnance of America.
Note: This section of the analysis disagrees with the theorists mentioned above and rejects American socio-cultural and geo-political policies. Important Instruction: The said research paper should be contextualised in American and Pakistani environments