Financial estimates for a feasibility study for the development of a “higher upscale” hotel in Dubai
You are a hospitality consultant and you have been approached by a hotel developer to assist with the development of a feasibility study for a new hotel (200 rooms), in the “upper upscale” category, in Dubai. More specifically, the developer has sent you the following requests:
- Describe the current lodging market in Dubai.
- Discuss the future developments for the lodging market Dubai.
- Discuss ADR, OCC and RevPar trends in Dubai.
- Assess the average profitability of hotels (upscale, upper upscale and luxury) in Dubai.
- Build and operating profit and loss pro forma for a 200 rooms in Dubai for 10 years.
Use different STR reports (Census, Trend, P&L/Host, Pipeline – you can find them on Moodle) to answer these requests.
You report should include a recommendation regarding the developer’s proposed investment.
LO3 and 4
Organisation and methodology:
The report should be structured to include:
- Contents page
- Executive Summary
- Critical analysis of the issues to be considered
- References and bibliography