You are required to submit a 5-page individual write-up on only one of the companies listed below. Answer the set of questions posed. The case write-up must provide a thorough analysis of the questions posed so that critical issues are identified and explained as to their impact on the company. Answers that are vague, which provide little or no detail or that provide minimal or incomplete strategies when called for will not earn a passing grade.
You are required to present a cogent analysis/argument of the facts, which should support your answer. Merely answering the questions with no support or explanation of your answer will not suffice.
The case has significant questions that synergistically reveal the company’s corporate strategy, which will help you in for Readings formulating your answer.
Taken together, the revealed strategies from all the cases will provide insight for your corporate strategy paper.
Do not introduce facts from outside of the cases, as this will cause confusion in your analyses.
Format must be 5 pages, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1” margins around.
READING MATERIAL FOR THE HOME DEPOT CASE:
- Bond, P. (1998, December 5). Home Depot forges ‘Villager’s Hardware’. The Atlanta Journal and Constitution (Saturday, All edition) – IT IS ONE OF THE PDF FILES I INCLUDED
- Strategist’s Toolkit PDF File.
Questions for Analysis
- What has been Home Depot’s traditional market and strategy?
- What has been Trygar’s traditional market and strategy?
- What is the difference between the segment Trygars serves and that Home Depot serves?
- What is the key asset that sustains Trygars?
- What would you do if you were Ed Trygar?