After reading the Dream of Red Chamber, please answer one of these optional prompts:
- A) Consider the descriptions of expensive objects of the kind we see in Chapter 53. What is the role of material culture in this novel?
- B) Is it possible for servants and masters / mistresses to “truly” be friends? Why or why not? Support.
- C) How is poetry used to reflect the personality of the poet in this novel?
- D) Identify and discuss one or more examples of “class conflict” in this novel. Be sure to define what you mean by “class.”
1) It would be good to define some words. For example, if you choose Prompt B, please try to define “truly” .If you choose Prompt D, please try to define “class”.
2) At the end of each paragraph, please read few short lines of conclusion in which you reflect on some of the broader implications of your findings.
3) You should take some examples to support your evidences and analysis them.