In response to a simulated business scenario, you will research resource requirements and develop (or amend) an operational plan in consultation with relevant stakeholders. As a part of the development of your plan, you will set performance indicators, plan for contingencies, and obtain approval in accordance with organisational requirements.
1. Read the BBQfun scenario information provided in Appendix 1 and the BBQfun simulated business documentation provided by your assessor.
2. Write a brief summary of the BBQfun operational environment that includes:
a. an outline of the legislative and regulatory context that is relevant to BBQfun’s operational plan (available on pages 18-20)
b. an outline of the BBQfun policies and procedures that directly relate to the operational plan
c. an explanation of the role of an operational plan in achieving the successful implementation of the e-commerce strategy
d. a discussion of your intention to either develop a new operational plan for BBQfun, or to amend the existing operational plan; support your discussion with reference to different methods and models for developing operational plans – such as methods for setting goals, outlining actions, identifying risk and monitoring performance.
3. Research resource requirements for implementation of e-commerce strategy.
4. Arrange with your assessor to participate in two resourcing consultation role-plays.
5. Participate in consultation role-plays with relevant personnel to determine resourcing needs. You will role-play with the:
a. Sales and Marketing Manager – prepare to discuss human resourcing requirements
b. Technology consultant – prepare to discuss physical resourcing requirements related to development of e-commerce website.
Note: During consultation, ask questions and encourage the personnel to provide information.
6. Develop an action plan for the implementation of the e-commerce strategy. In your plan include:
a. physical resourcing (all major steps for resourcing, including procurement of different types of resources, but not to the detail of including all procurement steps for each resource type)
b. human resourcing (all major steps, e.g. recruiting, training, communication)
c. timelines and milestones for implementing the e-commerce strategy