In all cases, answer with reference to two or more of the texts listed below the questions.
Please choose one of the following questions:
• ‘Consumer culture thrives on the creation of unhappy consumers.’ Discuss.
• Examine the ideology of consumer choice.
• Examine the representation of the consumer.
• Examine the representation of commodities.
• ‘The antidote to consumerism? Analyze consumerism!’ Discuss.
Emile Zola, The Ladies’ Paradise (1883)
Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones’s Diary (1996)
Naomi Klein, No Logo (2000) II
Sophie Kinsella, The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (2000)
Renata Salecl, Choice (2010) This needs to be a paper with flair, creativity and debate. Close attention to the chosen question and answering it is essential. Academic references (journal articles) should be included, alonside multiple references from at least 2 of the above texts, books, websites, etc. References need to be 100% accurate