NRSG370 Assessment Task 2: Case Study
Students will complete a case study which discusses the provision of ethical, legal, evidence-based, holistic person-centred care including the establishment of realistic and relevant goals through the theoretical examination of a particular nursing specialty case study using the Clinical Reasoning Cycle (Levett-Jones, 2013).
See your unit outline
For presentation instructions consult the ACU Study Guide: Skills for Success (2016).
Case study instructions:
Utilise the Clinical Reasoning Cycle (Levett-Jones, 2013) (a clinical decision making framework) to plan and evaluate person-centred care:
• Considering the person’s situation, collect, process and present related health information;
• Identify and prioritise at least three (3) nursing problems/issues based on the health assessment data that you have identified for the person at the centre of care;
• Establish goals for priority of nursing care as related to the nursing problem/issues identified;
• Discuss the nursing care of the person, link it to assessment data and history;
• Evaluate your nursing care strategies to justify the nursing care provided;
• Reflect on the person’s outcomes.
Levett-Jones, T. (Ed.), (2013). Clinical reasoning: Learning to think like a nurse. Sydney, Australia: Pearson Education.