Assignment: Policy Brief
Topic: Canada’s position on the renegotiation of NAFTA
- The North American Trade Agreement(NAFTA) is an agreementsigned by Canada, Mexico, and the United States, creating a trilateral trade bloc in North America.
The Policy Brief must include:
1) an executive summary that flags one policy option as the preferred option for action/enactment
2) a clear and succinct overview of the problem to be addressed (should NAFTA be renegotiated)
3) a clear outline of 3 policy options (To renegotiate, withdraw from NAFTA, or stay firm on the current agreement of NAFTA)
4) an insightful policy recommendation that responds to the problem
The Policy Brief is written as if addressing the current Prime Minister of Canada(Justin Trudeau). The policy brief must be typed using 12-point Times New Roman Double Spaced. A 6-page paper not including bibliography (6 pages of content and then bibliography), no specific word count, Use sub-headings for each section (Executive Summary, Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3, Recommended Option) and Chicago (16th ed.) citation style for referencing: https://www.lib.uwo.ca/files/styleguides/Chicago.pdf
All material must be supported when making the recommendation, and all summery information must be cited, the policy brief needs a minimum of 5 of the following sources:
- government and/or international organization documents and websites;
- academic journal articles; or,
- books or book chapters.
Some suggested but Not Limited Sources (that I have found so far):
- BeyondNAFTA: an economic, political and sociological perspective by A.R. Riggs, Tom Velk