Design and develop the concept for an artisan product that is PLANTAIN CAKE. This process will involve a written report that outlines and explores various issues surrounding the production of an artisan product suitable for sale to the public. In order to address these issues students will need to draw on appropriate theory and literature. Some of the issues that need to be addressed (but NOT limited to) are as follows;
• Product description and heritage.
• Context that the product will be sold in and how the product is appropriate for this context.
• Recipe – suitability, history and authenticity issues.
• Government/Institutional and historical regulations that apply and plans for complying with these.
• Products potential and possible use. How the product “benefits” the business.
An excellent / outstanding reporting of the issues surrounding production of artisan products.
Conclusions are insightful and clearly expressed in a logical and precise manner.
The report demonstrates an outstanding examination of the theoretical concepts required within this assessment, and shows detailed evidence of wider research.
Well-considered and logical organisation of ideas /paragraphs. Topic sentences clearly identifiable within well-structured paragraphs containing clear explanations, supporting statements / illustrative examples and linking sentences. Seamless flow of ideas.
Background/terms / parameters/overall organisation of main ideas/ thesis or purpose statement
• Well-developed and highly engaging introduction.
• Highly relevant background information that clearly establishes the topic context.
• Accurate and detailed definition of key terms.
• Parameters of the discussion are precisely defined.
• Overall organisation of all main ideas discussion in the body of the report is precisely outlined.
MAIN IDEAS / ARGUMENTS and SUPPORTING EVIDENCE
Body Paragraphs/ analysis of main ideas/points of view/ credible and correctly cited supporting evidence and illustrative examples.
• Insightful and clearly expressed identification of product, its history and evolution.
• Business context is thoughtful, appropriate and clearly expressed and demonstrates a well- developed understanding of the relationship between the product and the context it is sold in.
• Accurate and comprehensive description of the recipe used and a clear and articulate rationale for its choice.
• Accurate and comprehensive explanation of the issues and concerns surrounding the production and delivery of the proposed artisan product.
• Evidence of research –highly relevant supporting evidence/ illustrative examples from a wide range of correctly cited and credible sources underpin and significantly strengthen all arguments.
Synthesis of ideas presented/ concluding statement/s summarising how arguments support (or refute) thesis
• Succinct / well-structured summary of all of the main ideas presented and the connections between them.
• Well-considered, logical conclusions that demonstrate clear and compelling links with the report’s thesis/purpose statement by summarising how the evidence supports (or refutes) it.