Criteria for paper—design an AC power transmission system:
• type, location, number, and power of (2) generators;
• type, location, number and parameters of (2) transformers;
• length (Medium range 140 Km) and type of transmission lines; and
• type, location, number, and parameters of loads.
• Draw a one-line diagram of your system, including (at the student’s discretion) the number and types of protective devices.
• A complete mathematical analysis must be made in Matlab, including ways to improve the system performance. A fault and overload analysis must be completed also.
• Papers must be 10 pages in length (this is roughly one page per area included in the report); use a 10-point font; be double spaced; and include a cover page, table of contents, introduction, body of the report, summary or conclusion, and works cited.
• Even though this is not a scientific-type writing assignment and is mostly creative in nature, references are still very important. At least six authoritative, outside references are required (anonymous authors and Web pages are not acceptable). These should be listed on the last page titled “Works Cited.”
• Appropriate citations are required.
• This paper is will be graded on the quality of the research topic, the quality of the paper information, the use of citations, and grammar and sentence structure.