A Comparison between Modular and the traditional construction
- This piece of coursework will compare the modular construction with traditional construction in UK
- Use statistics, table, graph and images to make your point.
- For your case study please refer the following link (http://www.designforhomes.org/wpcontent/uploads/2012/03/ModularSteel.pdf) and choose the appropriate case study (I suggest to use case study 3 Kingston-upon-themes, London and case study 7 Plymouth university) all case study should be UK based.
- Make sure you stick to the content page guide, however fell free to change the order or add points
- You have to slightly change the description provided in the content page.
- Modular Construction In UK
- Modular process
- Whole Life cost
- Time related saving
- Traditional Construction
- A Comparison Between Modular and the traditional construction
2.1. Value Engineering Assessment
2.1.1. Speed of the construction
2.1.2. Benefit in the construction Operation
2.1.3. Quality issues
2.2. Economical Assessment
2.2.2. Cost Assessment
2.2.3. Earlier Return
2.3. Environmental Benefit
2.3.1. Environmental Benefit during construction
2.3.2. Environmental Benefit in use
2.3.3 Environmental Benefit during re-use
- Case Study http://www.designforhomes.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ModularSteel.pdf