• Eilís Ferran and Look Chan Ho, Principles of Corporate Finance Law (OUP, 2014), chapters 1 and 2
• M Jensen and C Smith Jr, ‘The Theory of Corporate Finance: A Historical Overview’ https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=244161&rec=1&srcabs=220251&alg=1&pos=2.
• Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, The Council, The European Economic and Social Committee and The Committee of the Regions: A Reformed Financial Sector for Europe https://ec.europa.eu/finance/general-policy/docs/general/20140515-erfra-communication_en.pdf.
• Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
• Salomon v Salomon  AC 22
• Prest v Petrodel Resources Ltd and others  UKSC 34
• A Hudson, The Law of Finance (2nd Edition, Sweet and Maxwell, 2013), Chapters 1 and 3.
• M Jensen and W Meckling, ‘Theory of the Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Costs and Ownership Structure’ https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=94043
• R Scott, ‘A Relational Theory of Secured Financing’ (1986) 876 Columbia Law Review 901.
• M Frank and V Goyal, ‘Trade-Off and Pecking Order Theories of Debt’, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=670543
• S Frydenberg, ‘Theory of Capital Structure – a Review’, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=556631&rec=1&srcabs=670543&alg=1&pos=1
• Bank of England, ‘The EU Financial Services Action Plan: a guide’ https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/archive/Documents/historicpubs/qb/2003/qb030309.pdf.
• E. Fama and M Jensen, ‘Separation of Ownership and Control’, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=94034&rec=1&srcabs=94043&alg=1&pos=6
• M Jensen, ‘Value Maximization, Stakeholder Theory, and the Corporate Objective Function’ https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=220671&rec=1&srcabs=94043&alg=1&pos=8.
• B Cheffins, ‘The History of Corporate Governance’ https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1975404&rec=1&srcabs=94034&alg=1&pos=7